Superior Performance for Next-Generation Materials
At Materia, we develop our own proprietary monomer formulations that are polymerized by our Grubbs Catalyst technology through a process known as ring-opening metathesis polymerization (ROMP), which creates unique high performance polymers unlike any other thermoset on the market today.
Proxima thermosets are designed to deliver the performance characteristics that companies need to address their advanced material needs.
- Exceptional Toughness. High impact strength and resistance to crack propagation for long lasting parts with predictable life cycles.
- Lightweight. Densities near 1 g/cm3 are 10-15% lighter than comparable thermoset resins.
- Excellent Hot/Wet Properties. Extremely low water absorption of polyolefins combined with the thermal stability of thermosets.
- Low Carbon Footprint. Cradle-to-gate emissions 47% lower than standard epoxy resins.
- Low Viscosity Resins. Quick molding of complex shapes, high filler loadings, and low void content.
Compatibility with Standard Processing Techniques
Proxima resins are two-part liquid thermosetting systems specially designed to have a low viscosity for fast and easy mold fill or infusion. As a result, Proxima resins can be processed by most standard thermoset processing techniques into today’s manufacturing processes.
Flexible Property Range
The Proxima resin platform delivers a broad range of formulations, from rigid structural polymers to flexible soft materials, and anything in between.
By leveraging our catalysis and materials science expertise, we have developed a range of Proxima thermoset resins for a variety of complex performance problems and manufacturing processes. Materia’s design engineering team can help you select the right commercial catalyst and resin package to match your application requirements.