Shipping & Receiving Specialist (Operations)
Responsible for the Shipping and Receiving activities at the Huntsville, TX location.
- Ship and Receive materials, equipment, chemicals and associated items
- Make the necessary entries into the ERP (JDE: J.D. Edwards)
- Maintain current credentials, know-how and certifications that are required to ship hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals domestically and internationally
- Communicate with Materia Customer Service, suppliers and customers to provide and obtain accurate and timely shipping/receiving information to eliminate service failures and unnecessary delays
- Provide accurate, valid, error free and complete information verbally and written into various computer systems and email
- Help manage third party logistics and shipping accounts by working collaboratively to secure low cost shipping options while monitoring third party service factors such as on-time pick up and deliveries.
- Other duties include backing up HTX based customer service and inventory functions and activities during absences and assisting during high activity levels
- Other duties as assigned to assist with HTX needs and activities.
Qualifications + Experience
Applicable college education or equivalent experience is required.
- 3+ Years’ experience at a manufacturing site in Shipping/Receiving, Supply Chain, Production or as an Inventory Specialist
- Experience working with a chemical company and hazardous goods
- Experience with ERP systems required, JD Edwards a plus
- Hazardous materials and truck load quantity shipping experience required
- Highly effective and clear communicator, very high proficiency in English (written & verbal)
- Must be highly dependable and assessable
- Familiarity with ERP and Manufacturing Accounting systems and practices
- Demonstrated business acumen and professional demeanor
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and must be proficient with basic math
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Please click on the link below to apply: