Senior Applications Development Chemist
The Senior Applications Development Chemist supports the Applications Development Group while working closely with customers and providing technical support, including polymer formulation and analysis to facilitate commercial growth of Materia Proxima resins.
- Execute complex and overlapping technical work plans related to the development, evaluation, and qualification of polymer formulations
- Work with the Business Development and Sales Teams serving as the technical expert supporting new customer/new product qualifications
- Collaborate closely with customer engineering teams to facilitate successful technology transfer, formulation chemistry and process know how
- Maintain careful records, produce reports and other documents to meet technology dissemination, patent protection, and/or quality control needs
- Perform other tasks that may be required to support applications development efforts and/or customer needs
- Work closely with colleagues to manage and maintain laboratory organization, cleanliness, and safety
Qualifications + Experience
- Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Polymer Science or related field with a strong background in polymers is preferred
- Candidates with lesser degrees and significant relevant experience will also be considered
- 3-5 post-graduation years working in polymer development, engineering, or testing is a plus
- Commitment to a safe work environment.
- Strong background in polymer material formulation, design, and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Past success simultaneously managing and executing on multiple projects.