Parts Molding and Finishing
Under the direction of the Lead Parts Molding & Finishing, the Technician is responsible for the safe operation of reaction injected molding equipment and hand tools to make industrial parts from the Company's thermoset resins and catalysts.
The Technician is accountable for completing the scheduled production in a safe, efficient manner within all quality parameters and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participates in the daily team meetings to review any EHS items, Quality, maintenance activities and the production plan
- Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- For reporting unsafe conditions, injuries or safety / environmental incidents immediately to management
- Operating the Molding and Finishing process equipment and tools per the Standard Operating
- Procedures. Is expected to participate in the preparation, review and revisions of the SOPs
- Effectively communicate with all members of the site team
- Writes accurate reports, production batch work orders, and inventory records
- Accountable for the Team's performance in maintaining a clean and organized workplace
- Suggest and implement cost-saving ideas
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Performing and/or supporting Maintenance with Preventative Maintenance to prevent equipment breakdowns. Assist in facility related repairs or maintenance as required
- Identify and correct any operational problems in Molding / Finishing
- Operate resin injection system machines to produce various molded parts to specifications
- Prepare and clean and molds and maintain molding machines
- Perform all of the following precision finishing processes to molded parts as indicated by customer prints: sanding, painting, filling, drilling, planing, cutting, or otherwise modifying the interior or exterior surface or shape
- Perform visual inspection of finished parts for obvious defects
- Perform pressure testing of molded parts
- Perform miscellaneous errands, such as pick-up and delivery, requiring driving
- Prepare finished goods for shipment by counting, stacking, packing, crating, or verifying readiness for shipment. This may include the fabrication of wooden pallets or crates
- Perform facility inspections as required under the Environmental, Health and Safety Programs.
- Support the Quality Management System
- High school degree or equivalent required. Completion of Associate Degree in a related field or skilled trade certification preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience working in an industrial environment required.
- Ability to read and interpret part drawings
- Basic understanding of how mechanical/electrical equipment work in order to diagnose problems with the equipment
- Ability to use and read various precision measuring devices, including calipers and taper gauges, straight edges etc.
- Knowledge of basic industrial safety rules; willingness and capacity to learn and abide by OSHA regulations and company-specific health, safety, and environmental rules
- Must be certified or capable of becoming certified to drive a forklift
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)