Materials Analyst (Materials R&D)
The Materials Analyst supports multiple groups including research and product development and assists more senior level employees through the analysis and characterization of polymers, composites, and base materials.
- Perform tasks such rheological characterization, mechanical testing (UTM testing of polymers and composites), thermal characterization (TGA, DMA, DSC), sample preparation, other analytical data collection and interpretation.
- Maintain careful records and other documents to meet technology dissemination, patent protection, and/or quality control needs
- Assists in maintaining lab instruments, as well as inventory of analytical lab supplies, and requisitions supply replacement.
- Sets up equipment, prepares samples, and performs physical, mechanical, and thermal analyses.
- Follows technical instructions and written lab procedures, complies with lab protocol to assure analytical integrity of the lab is maintained to established standards.
- Compliance with safety procedures and practices
Qualifications + Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering is preferred
- Willingness to learn laboratory techniques
- Become adept in handling equipment and instrumentation
- Assist in equipment setup and preparation required
- Familiarization with collecting and analyzing rheological data is preferred.
- Analytical skillset required for modeling and data analysis
- Have the ability to use scientific methodologies to analyze data, draw conclusions, and solve problems.