Materia is always interested in meeting outstanding individuals who share our entrepreneurial spirit, our passion for innovation and our commitment to real-world change. Please check the following job listing of our current needs. To apply for one of the open positions, please email your resume and salary history to email@example.com or fax to +1.626.584.4271. No phone calls, please.
Process Safety Management Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Environmental, Health & Safety, Process Technology
LOCATION: Huntsville, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION: Coordinate OSHA PSM program implementation and ongoing compliance
Job Purpose: The Process Safety Management (PSM) Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing site maintains PSM and ChemStewards® compliance initiatives. The coordinator also conducts PHAs for both existing and new chemical processes, leads incident investigations and root cause analyses, writes operating and maintenance procedures, and assesses equipment reliability and integrity systems. The incumbent will work closely with all site personnel and leadership, collaborate in all aspects of these efforts, and communicate directly with Corporate EH&S leadership, respectively, to ensure site compliance with OSHA and EPA requirements and the mission, objectives, and policies of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: As one of the EHS advisors to the site, the incumbent will lead by example in adherence to applicable regulations, company policies, and procedures. The incumbent will also fulfill all training and technical certification requirements as necessary to perform duties. Adherence to company policies with regard to the proper accounting, handling, and disposal of controlled dangerous substances as required. Attendance at company sponsored safety meetings is mandatory. The PSM Coordinator works closely with operators, process chemists, and control engineers, internally and externally, in cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that covered processes operate safety. Maintains PSM internal and external Audit programs. Provides guidance for Plant Wide Area teams in all 14 elements of PSM:
- Mechanical Integrity
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Management of Change
- Compliance Audits
- Operating Procedures
- Employee Participation
- Incident Investigation
- Hot Work Permit
- Process Safety Information
- Contractor Safety
- Trade Secrets
Also, maintain a leadership role as a PHA team leader, performing, and documenting risk assessments. Maintain the Recommendation tracking program for process related Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA). Attend Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) meetings and participate on subcommittees. Be available to work days and nights dependent upon the required safety support, especially during maintenance shutdowns or turnarounds in a commercial scale production environment.
- Reports directly to Manufacturing Director with a dotted line to the Senior Manager of EHS and Regulatory Affairs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education and Work Experience:
- B.S. in any Engineering or Environmental discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing environment in a PSM covered processes
- Experience in leading and/or participating in PHAs
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, good time management skills, and excellent project management skills
- Maintain skills/knowledge by reading literature, taking courses, and/or attending technical, trade, and professional meetings.
- Must exercise safe work practices at all times
- Having managerial experience is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of auditing experience
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of managing PSM programs
- Familiarity with PHA Pro
- Mastery of Excel and related data manipulation tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Some lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and additional activities may be assigned to meet the business needs.